Being a member of ASPD has many benefits:
- invitation to participate in ASPD sanctioned highland games and events throughout the province,
- the opportunity to engage in the piping and drumming community in Alberta,
- the ability to foster and preserve Scottish bagpiping, drumming and pipe band music,
- maintain a connection and a network with affiliated organizations in piping and drumming organizations world wide; and
- a vote at the Annual General Meeting, and
- the opportunity to influence the local piping and drumming community thoughtfully, respectfully and with the greater interest of the Alberta piping and drumming and pipe band community at the forefront.
Membership fees for 2023:
- INDIVIDUALS ($25.00): In order to register for and participate in any ASPD events, individuals must be an active ASPD member.
- COMPETING PIPE BANDS ($25.00/person): It is now required that all playing members of a pipe band competing under the jurisdiction of the Alberta Society of Pipers & Drummers have a current individual ASPD membership. The purchase of an additional membership for the pipe band is not necessary.
Band Rosters must be submitted with a full list of all competing members via our Band Roster form by April 2023. A member of the ASPD will reach out to all competing pipe bands to help process memberships.
- ASSOCIATE ($25): Not a piper or drummer but still would like to support the ASPD? Purchase an Associate membership and receive all of the privileges of an active membership, without the vote.
- HIGHLAND GAMES ASSOCIATIONS ($100/season): Any associations hosting a Highland Games must purchase an ASPD Highland Games Association Membership.
E-TRANSFER FOR PAYMENT IS NOW AVAILABLE!
You can e-transfer for auto deposit using:
Alberta Society of Pipers and Drummers
Renew or Purchase your 2023 ASPD memberships for your family together!
**EACH MEMBERSHIP IS $25. **
Your whole family will be processed under one transaction.
Purchase your 2023 ASPD membership for members of a Pipe Band.
Please submit your band roster via the Band Roster Form found under Resources & Forms tab (www.aspd.ca/band-roster-form).
The band will then be invoiced based on the submitted roster.